Hot Fill Bottle Filling Systems
If you are looking for the best and most cost effective PLC controlled hot fill/heat set tester on the market today, then go no farther as Connell Industries has the unit just for you. Used by many of the largest PET hot fill bottlers and heat set manufacturers in the U.S., our 10 station hot fill system will safely and reliably meet your stringent hot fill and heat set testing requirements.
Our Hot Fill System uses the principle of gravity overflow to deliver 195 degree Fahrenheit water through overflow nozzles to provide a "cosmetic fill" for a wide variety of thin products. The overflow nozzles work by compressing and forming a tight seal on the rim of the container thereby allowing product to travel from a common supply tank directly into the container. At the same time, air and excess water are forced out through a return port in the nozzle and recirculated back to a secondary reservoir used to collect all excess water. This makes for a safe, reliable and quick testing process.
Connell Industries Hot Fill testers have oversized reservoirs, primary and secondary recirculation tanks and an automatic float and valve system to keep all wetted parts at a constant temperature between cycles. All systems incorporate an Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1000 programmable controller with a touch screen operator interface, 304 stainless steel framing, piping, tanks and conveyor plus many other features to provide operators with a high degree of safety and functionality.
Contact one of our application engineers today to learn more about how our Hot Fill Tester can help you ensure all of your quality control targets are met in a safe and efficient manner.
Our Ten Head Manual Overflow Filler includes:
- 316 stainless steel overflow nozzles
- Heavy duty 304 stainless steel tubular frame with Lexan splash guarding
- 5/8" stainless steel product overflow valves with extra relief recirculation
- Ratcheted design tool-less adjustment knobs for overflow nozzles
- Stainless steel reservoir with overflow ports plumbed into recirculation
- Insulation protective sheathing around product reservoir and tubing to minimize dissipation of heat
- Manual height jack for fill head adjustment
- High-temperature silicone tubing with stainless steel hose barb connections
- Stainless steel centrifugal recirculating pump to pump water back
- Stainless steel recirculation tank with one high pressure check valve
- Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1000 programmable controller with a touch screen operator interface
- Cycle start switch on face plate of controls to activate fill cycle
- Operator protective guarding with interlocking switches to ensure that personnel are well protected from potential splashing or spills
- Centralized power distribution box with appropriate fusing & power
- RTD to monitor water temperature at fill nozzle and inhibit fill cycle
- All 304 stainless steel hard piping
- Stainless steel conveyor with adjustable guide rails and stands